Yay! I have finally finished a few of my projects even though it seems I never finish any of them. Anyway, onto the pictures…

This is the Short ‘n Sweet from The Happy Hooker and I made it using a 400g/14oz skein (approx 655m/710yds) of Bernat Handicrafter Cotton in Baby Blue (100% cotton) and I still have about half of it left. I made it exactly as the pattern said except I shortened the sleeves by four rows. I do like it but the cotton was cheap so it’s not that comfortable and it’s heavy. The whole thing took me about three days although I haven’t blocked it yet.If I made it again I’d use something much softer and lighter like acrylic – maybe Caron Simply Soft. Also, I’d use a stronger colour. All the best Short ‘n Sweets that I’ve seen posted on Craftster are in strong colours. Anyway, I recommend the pattern!

Next is my very first pair of socks. I didn’t have any fingering weight yarn so I used two skeins of Bernat Natural Blends Cashmere (65% acrylic, 30% nylon, 5% cashmere; 94m/103yds per 60g skein). I think they came out quite well and although they’re too bulky to wear with shoes, they’re really comfortable so I can wear them around the house. I used the Easy Worsted Socks pattern (pdf) and I’m very pleased with them although the ribbing is too loose so they refuse to stay up.


And last, but not least, my Saturday Market Bag using the alterations from Disdressed. I used Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (100% cotton; 73m/80yds per 50g skein) in Ivory and I think I used about one and a half skeins. The pattern is very easy and is a really fast knit so I definitely recommend it. The bag is wonderfully stretchy and fits loads in it!


Well, I haven’t got anything new for now. I’ve just got back from my travels and I’m tired but I’m still making stuff. Now I’ve moved onto crocheting. I’m making the Short ‘n Sweet bolero from the Stitch ‘n Bitch Happy Hooker book out of some Bernat handicrafter cotton. I’ve made a few mistakes so far – I completed the back before attaching the fronts and then realised that you’re only supposed to go to the underarm so I frogged. So far I have completed the top section of the back and the front right section and here’s a progress pic: